Pro-TeKt® 0-0-3 The Silicon Solution® is a supplement that supplies silicon and higher levels of potassium to build stronger plant cell walls.
- Since silicon does not translocate within the plant, it must be applied and made available continually throughout the plant’s life cycle.
- In hydroponics, Pro-TeKt is a replacement for the silica normally found in soils, though those natural levels provide only slight benefits to plants.
- Plants supplied regularly with Pro-TeKt experience increased rates of growth and stronger stems.
- Deposited in a hard, opalene form in the epidermis of leaves and stems, silicon adds mechanical strength and supports plants’ natural defenses against insects and fungal infection.
- Plants become more tolerant to drought, heat, and cold stresses, and will support the weight of dense, heavy fruits, vegetables and flowers.
- Pro-TeKt can be used as a surfactant and to raise pH. Pro-TeKt The Silicon Solution is recommended for all plants.
- Siphon Mixer: (1:15 ratio) Mix ½ – 2 fl. oz. per gallon of water for a concentrate feed solution.
- Irrigation Injector: (1:100 ratio) Mix 8 – 10 fl. oz. per gallon of water to make an injectable concentrate. Apply Pro-TeKt® separately when using a single head injector.
- Foliar Application: Mix ¼ – ½ tsp. per gallon of water and spray directly of leaves.
- For outdoor applications in soil, feed 1 – 2 tsp/gal with every watering.
Note: Because a high pH is required to keep Pro-TeKt® in solution, the concentrate cannot be mixed with any acidic fertilizer. Therefore, apply Pro-TeKt® separately when using a single head injector.